Thursday, November 3, 2011

Darth Skorpius














Location : Kisogo IX
Date : YC 104.07.14


"BER DER BER"

An unruly mound, vaguely resembling a person, slept on despite the noise. The high pitched beep sounded again, this time achieving a groggy moan from the bed.

The form rolled over and grimaced at the offending comm unit, willing it to sense his violent intentions if it were to continue. Quite undeterred the audio assault rang out once more.

"BER DER BER"

With a frustrated sigh Skorp picked up the comm piece and activated it, flopping back on his pillow once it was secured behind his ear.

"What now, Mikal?"

"Skorp, me ol'buddy, me matey. Didn't wake ya did I?"

"No, no, I was busy recallibrating a warp stabalization matrix, whilst juggling Quafe cans at 3am what'd you think?"

"Oh, er right. Great. Thing is, got a bit of a problem here."

"You amaze me." Skorp sighed again, wondering when his friend would actually grasp the concept of sarcasm. "Go on, what is it this time."

"Well I borrow'd me Dad's Ranger, and I was just..."

The last vestiges of sleep were banished from Skorp as he sat upright in the bed with alarm. "You took his car again, after what happened last time!"

"This ain't like last time, no way I was going into that neighbourhood again."

"So where are you?"

An electronic voice sounded out faintly through the comm piece. "The capacitor is empty."

"Erm, at the top of Remperii Tower. I'm er... stuck. Car won't start, and I can't get down from up here. Can you come get me?"

"No I can't! I'm still grounded from your last stunt. My room is locked down."

"You've gotta do something!"

"Wait, let me think." Skorp scrabbled out of bed, and waved a hand in front of a sensor. The small room was instantly illuminated in a dull yellow light. Stepping over circuit boards, reels of wires and various metal shells scattered around he made his way to a small round object sat on a shelf.

"I'm sending Tash to you, she'll be able to give you a jump start. Hold on."

With Tash under one arm, Skorp made his way to his desk and sat down. The light switched to a bright blue as the monitor powered on and the terminal came to life.

"Just programming her now." He tapped a few more parameters in to her script, checked the energy transfer array he'd been experimenting with was online and set it to download. The drone powered on and slowly rose to a hover a few centemeters above the desk. Skorp darted for his window and opened it just in time as Tash flew over the room and out into the night.

"Thanks dude, I owe you one."

"That's about ten now actually."

---------------------

No comments:

Post a Comment